It's The Most Horrible Time Of The Year

It's exam season (can you hear the sound of students crying worldwide?) Saying that I dread this time of year would be an understatement. Who came up with these tests anyways? Regurgitating a semester's worth of information under high stress levels and under 3 hours... no thanks! But we all have to do it so why not try and make the best of it, right? Here are some suggestions to make your finals a bit more bearable!
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8.
Listen to Christmas Music //
If there's anything that relaxes me and reminds me that soon enough it'll be over, it's Christmas music! Get into the holiday spirit and get excited, after these finals you'll have plenty of time to pig out and play in the snow! Plus if your headphones are super cute and pink, that's a bonus. Although, if you're not a fan of studying with music, they can be great for blocking out the noise of your family downstairs who are free of the finals curse ;)

Cozy up //
Studying when it's cold is probably the most uncomfortable thing, so cozy on up in a comfy pair of PJs and some fuzzy socks! And if you're in the mood for a long overdue study break, watch a movie! (Elf is my fave right now) Need that extra jolt of energy? Grab an adorable mug like the Lilly Pulitzer ones and drink some coffee for a quick pick-me-up!

Pretty Study Supplies //
When you're not motivated to study, colourful pens and highlighters really do the trick! Having your notes look nice is a good first step to getting your attention on the page! Don't forget some fun stickers for your agenda to spice things up. (I'm a stationery freak so I have enough pens and stickers to have the entire world writing for years to come) -- The Sharpie Gel highlighters are my favourite for textbooks because they don't bleed through!

Chocoholic //
I do recommend to keep it healthy on the snackage during studying! If you can eat some fruit and yogurt, maybe even some hummus and pita chips that would be a great option. But, if you're feeling a sweet tooth craving coming on, grab a little piece of chocolate and indulge. Don't go overboard though, I've been a victim of the chocolate craving before and if you don't watch out, a whole chocolate bar could disappear before our eyes. I would like to mention that studies say dark chocolate is healthy for you in small doses, but I'm a bad child and opt for the milk chocolate (you know you'd do the same!) 

What are your favourite tricks to keeping studying bearable?

Verse of the day: "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him"
James 1:12

4 comments:

  1. I've been listening to Christmas carols all week as I study! :) I also like to make cue cards & color coordinate based on units, they're fun to make and it's a great way to study on the go.

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour coordination idea! I'll have to try that next time around :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, I have to laugh, because as a Professor, these are all my essentials for getting through exams, too! But, you know, the grading part hahaha. Good luck! (and I always make sure to reward myself every 30 or 60 minutes of doing work with a little 10 minute break or reading a chapter in a "fun" book!)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've never guessed professors made grading fun too! Thank you so much for the comment and the tip, although I always struggle with breaks because if I'm not careful, YouTube tends to suck me in ;)

      Delete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.