Bye Bye Racoon Eyes

Update: I'm done exams!!!! I couldn't be happier and I'm super excited to be relaxing and coming up with some fun posts for the blog...
 
Now, onto the main event. 
In my skincare routine post I mentioned quite a few products that I use every day. I'm well aware that some products would be very expensive if you were to get them in full size (thankfully I have a million samples from a beauty counter friend). So today I wanted to share a budget buy that I love and is multipurpose, and who doesn't love that?!
Getting rid of eye makeup can be a tricky deal. Eye makeup remover in your eye, tugging and pulling at your skin, and the dreadful black ring that forms when you're eyeliner and mascara starts to dissolve. As I mentioned in the previous post I really like the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover because it isn't greasy and it makes taking off eye makeup products a breeze. That being said, I've always kept Pond's Cold Cream in my stash because it's such a great product to use in different ways. If I have really stubborn eye makeup, I'll take a pea sized amount of this and start to massage it gently onto my lids and my mascara and eyeliner dissolve immediately. Since this is a heavier cream, it can leave a bit of a residue so I like to take a cotton pad with either Bioderma Crealine H20 or just plain water and remove whatever is left. As if that weren't easy enough, this cold cream is fantastic for a deep conditioning treatment on your entire face. When my skin starts to transition from mostly oily to combination in the Fall and Winter I start to get flaky areas... not a good look! I'll take a bit of the cold cream in my fingers and apply an even layer onto my face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are up, I go to bathroom and massage this into my skin with some warm water and then remove it the same way I removed the cold cream from my eyes. It leaves your skin really moisturized and if you still had any makeup on your face after you cleansed, this whisks it away. Best part about this is that it's super affordable! I find it at Walmart for $4.95 and this stuff lasts for ages and ages. 
If you give this a try, let me know what you think!

Verse of the day: "So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled" - 1 Thessalonians 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.