Taking Care of Winter Lips

We all dread the cold weather for different reasons. One of my biggest worries is dry skin! I'm an oily skinned girl for most of the year but leave it to my face to go and be all sorts of crazy once the temperature drops. I deal with very extreme combination skin during this time (which I'll talk about more in detail soon!) on my face but my lips also feel the change in the climate! Today I'd like to share with you the duo that have been easing me through this rough time, literally! Mind you I'm still on the hunt for a great moisturizing lip balm... I've heard rave reviews about the Dior Creme de Rose balm but I can't see myself spending that much on a lip balm.... yet ;) 


At the moment, I've been using the Lush Santa's lip scrub every other night to smooth out any flaky bits. I love the smell too - just like Cola!  I will say that it does stain your fingers red for a little while, as well as your lips, so I choose to do this step at night in order to prevent excessive redness on my lips before any other lip products. Then I follow up with a few swipes (or a million because I'm obsessive like that) of the EOS lip balm in Raspberry Pomegranate. I've also been trying to use up my L'Occitane pure shea butter tin so I'll use that on days when I don't want my lip balm to just sit on top of my lips. It's also great as a base for other lip products since it has a "drier" finish. 
What are your essentials for dry lips? 

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the pain of dry lips (and hair, and skin!!) in the winter! The EOS lip balms are absolutely amazing for dry lips. I've never tried the Santa lip scrub from Lush, but I may have to try it. I've been back from vacation for 24 hours and my lips are already missing the humidity of the tropics :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.