The Perfect Mix

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has an intense love of lip products, but don't you just hate it when you can't seem to find the right colour to wear with a certain look? No matter how many colours you've acquired and hours you've spent on the hunt in a Sephora, there just seems to be a void. Solution? Mixing colours you already own.
This girl right here is the biggest advocate for it. I'll often apply a nude under a brighter/deeper shade to get the best pigmentation out of it (mostly because my lips tend to get very red on their own) or to tone it down. The best part is that you have a colour that's all your own and you can pull out the pigments you want to see the most of with just one swipe. 
Lately, I've reorganized my lip product drawer and tried to start using the shades that have slipped my mind and been shoved to the back burner. The star of the show for this is MAC Up The Amp lipstick which I bought as part of the Back to Mac program. I used to be must less daring with the hues that I dared to wear but I thought, I don't have to technically pay for it so why not. Truth be told, I had a hard time pulling off until I tried mixing it with other products and made it work for everyday. 
Shade to the far left is when the colours are mixed

From L to R: MAC Creme d'Nude, Mac Up The Amp, Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Be Famous

I firstly apply Creme d'Nude softly and blend out with my finger just so I don't get the concealer lips look, then swipe on a bit of Up The Amp and top it off with the Rimmel gloss in Be Famous to turn the purple shade into a purple toned coral, if you will. I love this combo for a fresh faced look with a bit of a twist. 
Don't let those lip products at the bottom of your drawer go to waste, create your perfect shades and make them work for you! 
What combinations are your favourite? How are you making use of left behind lip products?

Verse of the day: "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.