Lancome Rouge in Love Lipsticks

L to R: 275M, 230M, 340B
Another day, another post on my makeup loving antics! Lip products are probably my most purchased item out of all the categories. Whether it be different colours or formulations, I've got a good variety! I've got a lot of lipsticks that hold a special place in my heart but the Lancome Rouge In Love range are definitely one of my faves!

These lipsticks are daily new to the Lancome range compared to some of their more classics ranges but they really diversify the brand as a whole. I always thought that Lancome was a makeup line for older women (except for the Juicy Tubes which I always coveted!) but when they came out with the Rouge in Love line with Emma Watson as their new face, things certainly changed. First of all, look at that packaging! I always thought they looked like bullets or something. They are a departure from the classic black lipstick tubes that lance usually does but that's why I love them. It's one of those lipsticks that you grab from your handbag and make you feel all posh - and who doesn't love that? 

Formulation wise these are really quite interesting. The lipstick bullet actually looks as if the colour would be matte but once you swipe it you'll realize that it actually gives a slight sheen and there are creamy! Very deceiving Lancome! One thing to note is that these are really pigmented so you get great colour payoff and what you see in the tube is what you get on your lips. That begin said, these lipsticks still offer enough moisture and a glossy finish that you don't even need a gloss on top. These are really comfortable to wear all day and I've never had a problem with them drying out my lips but if you have really chapped lips I'd exfoliate and apply balm before to prevent this from catching onto dry skin.

Another thing that makes this range so interesting is the way that they are divided into categories. You have Jolis Matins (M), Boudoir Time (B), and Tonight Is My Night (N). Lipsticks in the M category are day time shades that work well with a variety of looks - perfect for fresh makeup that you can wear to school or work. Shades with the letter B are brighter and trendier shades. In the last category under N, these lipsticks are deep shades that are a cry for attention - statement lips over here! 

I like the mix of the three shades I selected. 230M Rouge Rendez-vouz is a my lips but better shade for me. It's neutral but has just a hint of a coral undertone that's really flattering. 275M Jolie Rosalie is a deeper berry mauve shade that when I applied more heavily actually gives a great deep lip shade (I love this for fall and winter!). Lastly, the brighter shade of the bunch, 340B Rose Boudoir is a flashier version of my favourite peachy-pink selection. I love wearing this with a light bronze look because it adds just the right amount of colour to the face - perfect for summer makeup!

You can find these at Lancome counters or at Sephora. These retail for $30 CAD (£ 21 or $25 USD) and come in 29 shades as the Lancome website suggests (only 17 of which I could find on the Sephora site) which includes limited edition shades out right now for their Spring 2014 collection. I'm definitely eyeing some shades! All in all I think these are well worth the price tag and there is a shade for any preference or season. They last quite long, give off great pigmentation while still maintaining a light feel on the lips and they are comfortable to wear. Love, love, love! 
post signature

2 comments:

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.