Christmas Red with Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas time with all of your family and friends! I certainly enjoyed these past few days. I, of course, took it upon myself to cook up a storm for our Christmas Eve celebration which was a bit stressful but turned out amazingly (might have to do with my amazing friend being the best sous-chef ever). After all of the slaving over the Kitchenaid mixer and oven, I finally had time to freshen up and get dolled up. For my beauty look this year I decided to keep it classic with slightly bronzed up skin, black liner and festive red lips. The star of the show was the Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang which is a gorgeous bright red. I'm usually put off by red lipsticks, especially when they're not a deeper wine shade but I gave this one a go and I've loved it. It sits kind of in the middle, not too blue or orange toned and it's oh so pigmented. 
It stays on the lips quite well, although since the formula is a liquid lipstick, it isn't the most mess-proof so to speak. Preventing the product from bleeding out is tricky and I don't find the applicator to be helpful on that front either. But for the cost of this rich red beauty, I take the extra time to make sure it's not making it's way from my lips to my chin and all over my face. It stayed on my lips looking somewhat fresh until about 12 am from my initial application at 5 or so with no touch ups. I loved how it turned out looking especially with my all black outfit. This would be a great shade for New Years as well, although if you have a special someone to give you a New Years kiss, it might be a sticky situation, literally. 
What lip combo did you sport on Christmas? Let me know in the comments!
Oh, and do you have any red lipstick suggestions in a different formula?

Verse of the day: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests"
- Luke 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.