#PRESSDAYS at Lotus Leaf Communications F/W '14

Remember when I mentioned that something exciting was coming this week? Well this is it! Yesterday I had the incredible opportunity to take part in the #PRESSDAYS event at the Lotus Leaf office where media and bloggers alike were invited to take a sneak peek at what trends and new collections are coming up for Fall/Winter '14. I was extremely humbled by the fact that I was invited and had a great time! So let's cut to the chase, here's what's coming up next season! (get ready for a very long and picture heavy post... you've been warned!)

But first, let me take a mirror selfie! 
Manitobah Mukluks
If there's anything that defines us as Canadians, it's the incredibly harsh winters we put up with! Manitobah is a brand that creates moccasins and mukluks to keep your feet warm and they definitely don't skimp on the cool factor! They stay true to their Aboriginal roots and a lot of their footwear is made right here at home. You can stick to a classic style or have some fun with colour and beading. Definitely take a look at their site! 

Pink Martini
I'm in love! After seeing their Fall/Winter collection I knew I needed one of everything. Not only are the clothes beautiful and incredibly made but they are affordable! I'm so glad I discovered their brand because I'm thinking that I'll be browsing their site for a long while. This navy coat is on sale on the Pink Martini site... how cute!

Brika
This is a brand that really caught my eye. Their specially curated selection of handmade goods are things that you'll want to put on display and they support other peoples creativity, which I think is fantastic! I definitely want that YYZ pillow, although I'm more of a YYZ-ish girl myself ;)

Alex and Ani
I was so thrilled that Alex and Ani were featured at the event! I'd seen their bangles on a few bloggers on Instagram and I fell in live with their concept of mixing and matching different styles and metal colours, while also mixing the different meanings of each bracelet. You can customize each stack depending on who the person wearing it is and I think that is perfect for really personalized gifts! Their vision of sharing positivity in the world through they jewellery is awesome, and I'll definitely be adding these to my birthday wish list! 

Upcoming F/W '14 pieces - love the earthy tones!
S/S '14 Collection on the left - perfect for adding colour to plain outfits!
Guess?
This Fall and Winter season, Guess? is mixing a Western and Glam feel with a bit of rock n' roll and it's gorgeous! There's lots of studs, tassels, fur and even some snake print so it's definitely a fun collection and there's something for everyone! I, of course, gravitated towards the sparkly jacket they had and I can definitely see myself wanting that white tassel dress (it comes in black too!)... 

Henkaa
One dress, 2 sizes, 3 lengths, 24 colours, and over 40 ways you can wear it! I must say, it's almost a magical dress. It was amazing to see how quickly you could transform the dress and have a completely new look. With all the colours, you can achieve the perfect dress for whatever season it may be and any occasion. Their most exciting news was that they are now coming out with a new dress, the Iris convertible dress, that has sleeves so it widens the variety of looks you can get even further. This dress will come in 5 colours at first but they will surely expand to all 24 colours. Whether you need a go to dress, need a maternity dress, or even bridesmaid dress, look no further!

Watch It!
I love watches so much, so I was ecstatic when Watch It! gave us a peek at what trends would be coming our way and the brands that were going to be doing them! I'm pretty faithful to Fossil so I loved seeing their new watches but I was definitely intrigued by Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs and Karl Lagerfeld. We are definitely seeing the Rose gold comeback in a big way, but it was included in a more subtle way and I think that's great, especially for guys out there! I also loved seeing navy, it was a bit unexpected but oh so pretty- and mixed with rose gold? Yup, we've got my new watch obsession!

The Guess watch at the top left... #swoon
The Marc By Marc Jacobs watches with navy faces were STUNNING in person!
Hillberg & Berk
If you love anything shiny and sparkly, this one's for you! I was stunned by the incredible pieces displayed by Hillberg & Berk and I loved that they had so much variety interns of their offering. Some pieces were super blingy and others were dainty, but they were all spectacular! It was definitely a joy to talk to H&B's Dina Holoien, she was super sweet and encouraging!

I was instantly in love with this!
Dr. Martens
I've never been one to be interested in getting Docs but from what I saw at the preview yesterday, they're really expanding their offering. It's not just about the classic, clunky boot that you associate with the brand, they do sandals, heels and silhouettes that are much more sleek! If you were never a fan, they might have a few styles that could change your mind!

Woah, did you make it to the end? If you did, congrats! I hope you enjoyed coming along with me to see what will be trending for F/W '14 and hopefully you found some new brands that you didn't know about, like I did! Besides the horrible rainy weather, crazy transit issues and my wet, curled hair, I had a fantastic day yesterday and it was really fun to experience something out of the norm for me!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Everything looks great! So proud of you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! Glad you enjoyed and thank you for the sweet words :)

      Delete
  2. Okay this looks like heaven!! So happy you got to experience all this! Pink Martini you have caught my fashion eye, hello! Lol. And uhm gold and navy watch?! My wrist begs! Thank you for all these awesome pics! It gets my heart racing! Lol
    -Diana C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D! I know right? As soon as I looked at the Pink Martini site, I fell in love! You're welcome, I took them for fashion lovers like you ;)

      Delete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.