Dealing With Second Day Hair...

Whether it's second day, third day, or any day hair, the struggle to keep your tresses looking fresh is one we all go through! From personal experience, I'll be the first to say that having an oilier scalp can be incredibly annoying when you want to look presentable but don't have time to wash, dry, and style your locks. On days like these, dry shampoo is your very best friend, and I've found one that I really love! 

I've tried so many different dry shampoos and I feel like my complaints with most of them are the same: they leave your hair sticky, sometimes even greasier than you started with and you get that dreaded white dusty look at the scalp. Not a good look, ladies! Well, I think I've found a winner. Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo delivers that same oil-sucking effect, while leaving your hair smelling fresher, giving you some lift, no greasy residue and none of that white finish. Not only is affordable but it beats out some higher end options by a long shot. (It's on Rollback at WalMart - go get yourself a few cans!)

While at Winners a few months back I found some Oscar Blandi products and saw that there were a few bottles of their Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray! In comparison, while both claim to do the same thing, I think Tresemme delivers more. The Oscar Blandi left my hair somewhat sticky feeling and although it was invisible, it did nothing to lift my hair up a bit with volume. So, I'm pretty glad that the more affordable options works out better. I looked into it and found that I think Oscar Blandi has reformulated that dry shampoo, anyone tried the newer version?

As the daughter of a hair stylist, I haven't really done my own hair until quite recently (my mom wouldn't dare let me mess up my own hair haha!) and I've found a few ways to keep my hair looking cute even when it's not freshly washed. I have pretty fine, oily hair at the scalp so it can be difficult to disguise even second day hair but what I like to do is spray in some dry shampoo into my roots, flip my head over and then run my hands through and distribute the product near the scalp. In terms of hairstyles, I like to either go for a high ponytail and then curl the ends a bit to give me a more put together look, or you can place your hair in a ponytail, tease the ends a bit and wrap your hair into a big bun. If you have longer hair then a sock bun would work nicely but for some reason no matter how long my hair is, I can't seem to get that little donut to work for me! 

I'd love to hear about what you do to keep your hair looking and feeling fresh once you've hit the second day. Any dry shampoos you think are incredible?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.