What's On My Face #2: Day to Night Makeup ft. Orange Lips

Welcome to another edition of What's On My Face! Today I thought I'd show you how I take my makeup from day to night - and it is literally the simplest thing you could ever do! I'm not huge on tons of eyeliner or crazy smokey eyes but when I want to make my look more fun for a special occasion or going out to dinner, a bold lip is my choice. Sure, it may be slightly impractical when you're chowing down on your spaghetti, but you'll look good while doing it, right? 

The look I created has really simple skin, featuring a sneaky purchase I made a few days ago, that is matte but still natural looking. I kept it simple with some primer in my t-zone, a thin layer of foundation, and a few swipes of concealer where I needed it and that was it! For cheeks, I put on a coral hue, making sure to keep it away from the inside of my face close to my nose. Eyes were kept minimal, I didn't play around with eyeshadow, all I did was take some waterproof eyeliner in a dark brown and lined my upper lashline softly and then took an angled brush and smudged it out for an undone look. A few swipes of lengthening mascara in the blackest black you can find, and eyes are finito! Of course, you know me and my love for bold brows so that needed to happen or else this look just wouldn't be complete. 

Alright, now for the fun. During the day, a swipe of a sheer pink gloss gets you through but if you want to embrace the warmer weather and wear this season's hottest makeup trend, you have to go for a bold orange! I definitely stick to my pinks but I've been loving the look of orange lips and I can see myself rocking this for a fun dinner or running errands at the grocery store, but that's just me and my love for a bold lip. If you want to really take it up a notch for night time, Maybe add a bit of black liquid liner and do a little feline slick for a fun edge - but since the lip is already so bold, I'd stay away from adding to much else to the look. Another thing you can try is skipping the blush and going for a more contoured effect with a matte bronzer, I think that would look fantastic! So, what do you think? Are you gonna be trying out the citrus inspired pout this Spring and Summer?

Face: Benefit The POREfessional //  Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in B30 // NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard // Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy // Hourglass Arch Brow Sculting Pencil in Dark Brunette

Eyes: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel // L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Lips: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05 // MAC Lipstick in Morange
post signature

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty. Love the look, simple and fresh. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Vanessa! Yes, simple and fresh is basically all I go for haha.

      Delete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.