The Repurchase: Setting Powders

Look into your makeup stash and you'll probably notice that there a few items that you've had in there since the beginning of your makeup loving journey. The act of repurchasing an item is quite the milestone. It means that you loved the product so much that you were left with the empty packaging; and if you loved it enough, you needed to rush out and get a new one because you just can't live without it! On the other hand, sometimes you just finish something up and move onto something new, and then you forget how much you loved it! So, here is my version of the repurchase!

These two setting powders were part of my little makeup arsenal when it could all fit into one bag (that memory seems so distant that I don't know how I was able to limit myself that much haha!) I used to use the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent all the time for touch ups on the go. The reason I loved it so much was because a light dusting of it took away the shine without adding a huge amount of coverage or changing the colour of my foundation drastically. Ever since it ran out, I haven't had any powder replace its function so it was time for a restock! So far, so good. I'm definitely remembering why I purchased it in the first place and I'll get lots of use out of it during the summer months!

The next little guy was one of my first MAC purchases, the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus. This was when I went through that "MAC is the centre of the universe" phase.... (we've all been there, right?) I went through this bad boy like it was nobody's business. I used it to set my foundation and sometimes in place of any liquid product for a quick, no fuss base. This powder is really unique because, although it isn't super oil-controlling per se, it gives your skin this really beautiful airbrushed finish and it never looks too cakey, unless you go extremely heavy handed with it of course. If you look closely, it has very, very subtle light reflective particles in it and that lend to its ability to make you look fresh and not powdery. I've never tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders, but this seems like a less shimmery alternative. Anyone have an opinion on that? 

Do you have any products you repurchase frequently because you just love it that much? I'd love to know! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.