What's Inspiring Me Lately #3

It's been quite a while since I've done a post sharing what's been inspiring me so I thought today would be a good day for a bit of an update!

1// He is still good. 

via
The story in Daniel 3 is one that we should all read. There is nothing more encouraging than people who stood up for their beliefs in front of those who had the most influence at the time. Three young men said no to denying God and they had unwavering faith that He would deliver them but even if He didn't, God was still good. How many times do you need to be reminded that no matter the outcome, He is good?

2// You Make Me Brave

It's no surprise that when Bethel Music comes out with a new project, I get really excited! They have an album coming up really soon featuring some amazing women who proclaim Christ's love in a way that is truly inspiring. There is one song in particular that I just haven't been able to stop listening to and it's the title track, "You Make Me Brave". I hadn't heard Amanda Cook sing before but oh my, she is all kinds of wonderful. This song is such a fantastic declaration of how God can make us brave and calls us out of our comfort zone. You know I love me some good lyrical imagery and just saying the words "As your love, in wave after wave, crashes over me" fills me with so much joy because God really is like that. He is so good at just overwhelming you with His love and filling you beyond measure. Ahhh, so good! (I'll stop my love fest now.... jk never!)


3// It is finished.

via
"Don't put a ? where the Bible puts a "." - It is finished." Tomorrow is Good Friday and everyone is extra focused on Easter and the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. I'm excited to share tomorrow's post where I'll dive into some of the truths presented in his sacrifice but for now, I'll leave you with this. He tore the veil, overcame the world, washed away your sins and gave you new life. If that isn't something to be joyful and thankful for everyday, not just tomorrow, then I don't know what is. 

4// Words are powerful. Stop #fattalk

I've done this countless times and still look at myself in a way that manifests everything God has made me to not be. It's true, words are powerful and the way you talk about yourself can be way more hurtful and abusive than anything anyone else could ever say about you. Why? Because you make yourself believe it. If we can't say we are beautiful, and wonderfully and fearfully made, who can we expect to do so?



5// Kate Bosworth's Makeup

I have a recent beauty crush and I must share. I've literally loved everything, beauty-wise, that Kate Boswroth has been sporting and I can foresee my Pinterest boards filling up with pictures of her. (Gosh, that sounded borderline creepy....) She's just so effortless and all "I woke up like 'dis" - ugh love. Definitely some inspiration coming into my beauty looks for Spring.

via
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.