Bright Eyes: Nude Eyeliner Is The New White?

The age old trick of making you eyes look bigger and more awake with white eyeliner was amazing, but how about a little update to your early morning eye rescue team? I know when I have to commute for an early class the last thing I want to be doing is putting a lot of effort into my eye makeup, which is why I usually just stick to mascara so I don't look like a zombie! I'v been testing out a bit of a change up to my eye look and I must say, I'm a fan!

When I was younger I was really into putting white eyeliner in my waterline and it worked wonders for making my smaller eyes look a bit bigger. Recently though, the trend has shifted into the nude eyeliner look and I'm glad it has. White eyeliner could look quite dramatic, especially on medium to tan skin tones, but nude eyeliner is just subtle enough to do the trick without making it so evident. 

I've had my Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner for a really long time (probably too long...) but it was and still is one of the best kohl pencils I've found at the drugstore. Coming in at about $6 each, you really can't go wrong! Using white eyeliner can be great for when you want a really dramatic, wide awake look or as we saw on the S/S 2014 runways, on the top lash line for a very interesting summery fresh effect - though I'm not sure how well that would translate into everyday wear.... A great nude eyeliner I found, that was also incredibly reasonably priced, was the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in the shade Nude. I snatched this up at Walmart on sale for $5 but the regular price is right about that price point - certainly below a tenner! I think the pencil is fantastic! It has the long lasting qualities you would look for in any eyeliner that goes on the water line but it is incredibly smooth and glides on really easily. I find that this pencil has more of that soft kohl effect compared to the Annabelle pencil. It would be interesting to try it out in a fun turquoise or even deep blue for a splash of summer colour!

Using nude liner on the bottom waterline and a full, fluttery lash is amazing when you have a barely there look (as if you had any choice when you're rushed!) or even with a bronze toned eyeshadow swept effortlessly onto the lid. If you've always found that white eyeliner can look stark and a bit too noticeable, I would definitely give nude eyeliner a go. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.