Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer : Lazy Day Face In One Step

Don't be turned off by the anti-aging claims if you're under the age of 30, this moisturizer is real "no makeup, makeup" in a bottle. While most no makeup looks end up using 20 products, there are always those days where you're lounging around the house and you can't be bothered to take 30 minutes of your morning trying to make all of those products look undetectable. Being in the middle of finals week, I was having this dilemma and I really had nothing in my makeup arsenal that was less than a lightweight foundation but more than wearing nothing... until I stumbled across this! The Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer is in the same vein as Origins Vitazing, which is a product I haven't tried myself.

Like always, Anna made me buy this (I feel like a series by this title is in order at this point). In the UK this is called the Miracle Skin Cream so I did a bit of a search for the Canadian equivalent and found it on sale for $15 at Walmart. Score! Oh, and I'd like to thank my friends who were at Walmart with me that day and pitched in the extra $1 I needed, in coins, because they couldn't handle me stalking this thing like a hawk any longer.

What initially intrigued me about this product was that it was perfect for those stay at home days. It takes a lot for me to actually get out of my PJs and look like a normal human being when I'm stuck studying all day but in terms of makeup, I've never liked the feel of it if I'm just lounging around the house. Garnier's cream doesn't claim to cover or be a BB cream in any way, but it takes the place of your moisturizer while still giving you a really nice, healthy glow. This could really just be the last step in your skin care regime or technically the first step in your makeup routine.

Like I said, this doesn't give you insane coverage but it does even out your complexion enough and gives you a healthy appearance to where you may only need some concealer over problem areas. You can see in the picture above that the cream comes out white and adjusts to your skin colour as you rub it in. It looks slightly orange in the picture but on my face it just gives me a very subtle bronzed effect. You won't look like an Oompa Loompa! The more you work it in to the skin, the more it blends in and matches your colouring.

This is ultra lightweight - it is a moisturizer after all. I think that's what I like the most. It's just one step but it hydrates your skin all day and makes you look a little more radiant. On Monday I had to run some errands and the humidity levels were pretty much insane seeing as how it was raining, but I wore this because I was feeling lazy. After running around and being stuck in a bus with literally no ventilation, my face started to feel like it was sweating off but when I got home I still looked healthy. Because it doesn't give a full coverage effect when it's on, you won't look like your makeup melted off since you only really had cream on. 

Some tips: don't put a ton on.... like I did when swatching it (whoops!). You only need a little - a pea-sized amount will do the trick. Make sure to blend it in enough so that it really looks seamless! For the price, I think this is a great product for when you really don't want to wear makeup but you need your skin to have a bit of glow. It makes you look radiant but not shimmery at all, and handles any redness or very minor discolouration. You won't feel bad on days when you don't wear makeup because you are still letting your skin breathe! For those of you who have had Vitazing on your wish list, you might want to gives this a go and save that extra money for another shopping day! 

Have you tried this out? What are your thoughts?
post signature

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great product- I'll have to give it a try! I love light weight makeup since it makes your skin look flawless without having to pile on a ton of products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely suggest going over problem areas with a concealed but I loved how fresh my skin looked without feeling weighed down! My only complaint is that it doesn't have SPF.... that would make it perfect!

      Delete
  2. I definitely like this for when I want to even out my pale complexion, it's actually a dupe for Origins Vitazing :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too :) Thanks for commenting Claire!

      Delete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.