Tricks To Keep Your Makeup On Longer!

There's nothing worse than spending a good hour on your makeup, especially for special events, and then realizing that an hour later it's basically melted off. As we hit the warmer months of the year soon, this is going to be quite the issue so I thought I'd share a few  things that I love doing to ensure my makeup lasts that little bit longer (oily skin gals will understand how annoying it is to keep your makeup on for longer than 6 hours... if you're lucky!)

First things first, before you start evening out your complexion, you need to prime the skin! I'll go out and say that I never really believed in this step. I found it tedious and I just couldn't be bothered to add in another step into my routine but this will help your makeup apply smoother and stay on longer! I'm currently using Benefit's The POREfessional and it's great at diminishing the size of your pores (don't expect this to get rid of them... that just ain't gonna happen girl!) and giving you a smooth texture for when you put on foundation or whatever base product you prefer. Quick tip: Make sure that you wait a little before applying this primer over moisturizer, and likewise give it time to chill out before you put on your foundation. The first time I used it, I just went straight in for the kill and as I was applying foundation it starting kind of flaking so avoid that from happening by giving it time to set and you'll be good to go! I definitely see a difference when I use this. I'm testing out another primer as well so I'll let you know how that goes as I use it out for a little while longer! 

Now that you've applied your primer, it's time to do the rest of your makeup. I'd definitely suggest a longer lasting foundation if you really need your makeup to stay on for a ridiculous amount of time. I'd recommend Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup - that stuff literally does not budge! And if you recall my post from earlier this month, a good product to use to keep eyeshadow and liners from smudging is the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base! Making sure you lock in all of your products with primers or just use long lasting formulas - it can really help in keeping everything in its place. 

So you've got everything on... now what? Last step, I promise! To seal in all of your hard work, spray on a few spritzes of Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray all over! I think this does the trick but I'll definitely give the oil-controlling version a go once I'm done with this mini bottle. 

So those are my tips and tricks for making sure that you don't end up with raccoon eyes and patchy makeup in less that an hour after you've applied your makeup! Trust me, it's happened to me! If you'll be out for the day, make sure to pack a powder compact with you for quick touch ups and bring along your makeup setting spray. Not only is it small and portable, but it'll increase your makeups longevity throughout the day and reduce any signs of caking from reapplying powder... that's just not a good look!

Any tips you can offer me? I'd love to know products you love for keeping your makeup on all day! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.