Polish of the Moment: Essie Resort 2014 Collection

While at Winners the other day, I was browsing around their nail polish to see what gem I could find and I saw that they had the Resort collection minis for under $13 so I had to give it a go. I first saw the collection and I wasn't really wowed, apart from the pale blue colour which is something unique in my collection. Reviews kept saying that they were streaky and hard to apply so I took a pass but when you can a smaller version, it tends to soften the blow on your wallet. Mini sizes make it so easy to test out a collection and when you have enough nail polish, you rarely go through an entire bottle (at least I've never done so!)

Out of these four shades I know I'm going to get the least use out of the peach shade called Resort Fling. It's a jelly formula which isn't my favourite and I'm not sure how it would look on my skintone. Might have to give it a try as a pedicure. The polish I'm really loving is the nude shade called Cocktails and Coconuts. I don't have many nude polishes and I've over worn Essie Sand Tropez to death so I thought it would be a great option. This is probably the best nude polish I've tried so far, and although I don't usually like shimmer in nail polish, this one is subtle and adds extra dimension (sort of like the glitter in Essie Bikini So Teeny). Find Me An Oasis, the powder blue shade, is probably my next favourite. Most of the blue shades I have are either darker or have green undertones to them but this one is basically a white base with just enough baby blue and I think I'm in love. This is gonna look so good with a tan. Last but not least is Under The Twilight, a dark cream purple, which isn't a typical Spring shade so I was surprised they included it but it's definitely a one-coater and I don't have many of those in my stash. I might give it a go while I'm still a bit pale but this will be amazing in the Fall and Winter, and application will be a breeze - this is extremely opaque. 

All in all, there are certain collections that don't seem as strong to me or that you just don't feel like buying all of them full size, in which case these mini sets are amazing. If you can find them at your Winners, definitely pick one up! 

Any polishes in particular looking extra pretty to you lately? 
post signature

6 comments:

  1. I love the Resort Fling shade of polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look great on you Meggie! I'll have to give it a fair shot :)

      Delete
  2. I saw this collection at Winners as well but I didn't pick it up because I have way too many nail polishes already. I totally regret not picking it up though but it's still available in some salons so I may still be able to pick it up. The shades are all so lovely and I always like Essie nail polishes. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have that problem (too many polishes) but I can never resist on an Essie bargain haha! For sure pick some up if you find them, they're all super pretty! :) Thanks for your comment, Celina!

      Delete
  3. I've just bought all four of these polishes, I couldn't help myself, I'm a Essie fanatic ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what that's like Claire. Every new Essie collection has me drooling ;)

      Delete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.