Faith Friday: It's What's On The Inside That Counts

via
Continuing on the "What Am I Called To Be As A Women" series for the month of January today's focus is going to be cultivating the inner you. By that I mean to say that God has called you, as a woman, to find pleasure in making yourself a better person no matter what the outside may consist of. I talk a lot about beauty tips and tricks and all things girly on Glorious Peonies but I never fail to remind anyone reading that this isn't what life is about. I'm not defined by my beauty products or how I look, God will ask for an account of who I was on the inside and what I did in my life at the end of the day.

The all familiar saying "it's what's on the inside that counts" is total truth. When you determine if someone is beautiful it should never be based on how pretty they are according to societal structures of beauty or the clothes that they wear; but their heart, that's what matters. This is another aspect of what God is calling you to be and do: aspire to make your soul beautiful and that glow people get with makeup, well it'll be the love you have that'll make you glowier than any face product ever could. You should remember that no matter how much skinnier you can get or what brand of shoes you are able to buy, that will never add to how beautiful you are. You should place the utmost importance on your spirit; nurturing it by having a constantly growing relationship with Christ. Here's what the Bible says on the matter:

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight" 1 Peter 3:3-4

By this it doesn't mean that you should pay absolutely no attention to enhancing your beauty or expressing yourself through fashion or makeup, but your sense of how beautiful you are shouldn't be defined by it. It can be confusing at times, even for me, to find a good balance between not placing value on your outer appearance yet wanting to do your best to present yourself well. Remember that if we are re-presenting God to everyone around us, we should try to let His spirit shine through us in every aspect, and that includes getting dressed and looking well put together. There's no shame in that. Stated most simply, you should be focused on nurturing your spirit so much that when it comes time for people to pin point the reason you are so beautiful, they'll have no choice but to say that's it about Jesus. Our whole lives should be about bringing Him glory through everything, that excludes nothing. It's never about us. God is the star of the movie of life, you're just blessed to be chosen as one of the extras. I know the world may tell you differently but this is what God designed life to be. 

I want to encourage you to think of what your inner self would look like if you had to picture it. Is it full of pride, vanity and selfishness or does it glow with love, patience, and a gentle and quiet spirit? God has called us to put value on who we are through him and to show our true beauty and worth through our spirit but if you want that swipe of red lipstick to empower you to show it in every aspect, then do it! I'm not gonna sit here acting like I got this routine down, and I want to be as open and honest as I possibly can. I struggle with truly knowing my worth comes from within; I can sometimes forget that but reading His word snaps me back to reality. I've said this before, it's an ongoing process and you may not come to realize these things right away but I hope one day you will and you'll give glory to God for making you a beautiful, valuable woman in His hands. 
post signature

2 comments:

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.