Everlasting Love.


We all go through times in our lives where we don't feel loved, or loved enough sometimes. Sadly, I've found through my own experiences and observing the experiences of others, that when we feel like we have a void, we look to fill it with things of this world. What do I mean by that? Well, I've seen countless girls trying to find love and affection in the wrong place, namely guys. The worst part is that in that moment you think that if someone pays enough attention to you, you'll somehow forget how lonely you felt. But something that is clear to me now is that it won't get you anywhere, or at least anywhere far. 


A lesson I've had to learn the hard way is that whatever lack of love or loneliness I feel can't be filled with a boys attention and smooth words. When I finally started to realize that the only thing big enough to fill that void was God, things began to change. Yeah, I know -- easier said than done. Trust me, I completely understand how nice it is to hear someone tell you that you're beautiful, that you mean so much to them and that they love you. Oh, those three words - "I love you". When someone says those word to you for the first time you don't even know how to react. Sometimes I've felt like turning around and looking for the person standing behind me and being like "Wait, are you talking to me?". But guess what? If it's coming from a guy who isn't the man God has for you, those three words and all the attention you get are TEMPORARY. I've said this to girls around me whenever they ask me for boy advice, there's only two ways this relationship can go. You either get married, or you break up. So, are you willing to make yourself as vulnerable as you can in order to fill a void which will ultimately only temporarily be filled up? I hope your answer is no!

Don't worry, I have amazing news for you! There's someone who loves you so much that their love supply for you never ends. Crazy right?! A love so big you can't escape it no matter how fast you think you're running away from it. God looks at you and just desires for you to surrender and let that empty bit inside of you be His so He can fill it!

"I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with unfailing kindness" - Jeremiah 31:3

God himself feels this way about you. Do you feel special or what? The Creator of the entire universe has never stopped loving you and never, ever will. His love for you never ends. It doesn't matter how many times you mess up, He will still be there with open arms.

I have a very important question for you. Are you guarding your heart? Imagine it in this way. Your heart is surrounded by this huge, strong fortress and when you allow someone to play around with your feelings with their words, you're deliberately tearing down those walls. You're exposing yourself to someone who may want to hurt you and just be plain mean. This is why the Bible tells us that:

"Above all else guard your heart for everything you do flows from it" - Proverbs 4:23

There's a reason for why your heart is so important and needs to be guarded. Absolutely everything you do will flow from it. So if you allow those walls to break down for just anyone and let them do with your heart what they wish, the things that flow out of your heart won't be very pretty. But God is telling you that He has drawn you with unfailing kindness. Unlike the jerks you may have encountered in your life so far, God doesn't hurt your heart once you let Him in. On the contrary, letting God transform your heart will be the best decision you ever make. His kindness for you is unfailing!

Are you seeing a trend? While other people may love you with a temporary love and draw you in with a kindness that fails, God is perfect. The only perfect thing there is.

My final question for you is this. Now that you know that it's your choice, are you going to guard your heart and be open to everlasting love or just settle for a love that is temporary and destructive?

Glorious Peonies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.