Currently: Listening To


[source]
Is there anything better than music? I mean really? There's something so special about it. The way one song can literally turn your day around. In my case, one band is doing that for me! (well, two actually...)

I've always loved Hillsong! Their ministry is awesome and their music is such a good demonstration of it. They have a few different worship teams but I've been loving Young and Free, and UNITED, of course!

A week ago, the Young and Free album came out which was so exciting because I'd been listening to the songs "Alive" and "Wake" like a mad woman. No seriously. If you could ask my friends they could tell you about my jam sessions. (I embarrass myself sometimes, ha! it's pretty bad). I love the way they are creating music that honours God and makes our generation excited to worship Christ again! Honestly, it's refreshing to see young people who are crazy in love with God and not afraid to show it. What struck me the most with their catchphrase, "We Are Young & Free" is that we really are! So often I find young Christians themselves acting like they are in chains when Jesus died to make us FREE. Completely free from captivity and bondage. We should be living in a way that exemplifies that! 

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" - John 8:36

Hillsong UNITED is just ah-mazing! Their latest album Zion is a departure from what they usually do, but it is oh so good. My absolute favourite song on the album is Oceans. I highly encourage you guys to listen to it. The idea behind the song was inspired by the story of Peter being called out by Jesus to walk on water. I love how beautifully the story is translated through the lyrics. I mentioned this in my first post, but a few months back I was struggling with following Christ wholeheartedly and when I heard this song, I couldn't help but break down. The bridge says:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders // Let me walk upon the waters, whoever you would call me // Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander // And my faith would be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour 



Is that not so powerful?! Our desire should be to follow Him without fears, where we can say "Yes Lord, I'll dive in and go wherever You tell me to go!" There shouldn't be limits to how much we trust in Him because He has everything under control and He'll pull you out of whatever situation you're in in due time. Remember, the process you go through in your hardships is what will mold you and transform you. Even something as beautiful as gold has to be tested through fire to be purified. Don't get angry with God because your current situation is difficult, thank Him because in the end you will have realized that He makes everything work for your good!

I'll close with something my friend texted me the other night that couldn't be more true, or fitting for today's post,

"He takes you into deep waters not to drown you but only to cleanse you! Into fire only to refine you!"

Thanks for stopping by xo

Glorious Peonies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.