The Lazy Girl's Guide To Eyeshadow

Every girl has that one makeup subgroup that she either isn't a fan of or just can't seem to get a handle on. For me, that's eye shadow. It's not that I don't know how to apply it... I just always feel really done up when I have it on. I tend to to go for natural looks and the whole "no makeup makeup" thang so having really elaborate eye makeup on a day to day basis isn't my fave. I've been experimenting with different ways to come to terms with my frenemy Mr. Eyeshadow and I think I have just the thing. 


When I want to add a little extra somethin' something' so my eyes, other than mascara of course, I take my finger and sweep either a champagne or bronze cream eyeshadow on my lids. One of the most tedious things about doing elaborate eye looks is the fact that you need so many different colours and brushes to make it look nice but no one can complain about this method. I love using the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows because their colour selection is amazing - from neutrals to brights - and they stay on all day! During the fall I was obsessed with the well loved shade Bad To The Bronze. I would take it on a clean finger and smudge on my lids and then take my ring finger and extend the colour slightly into my crease to get that sultry look without going overboard (you know what I'm referring to...) My newest shade is Barely Branded which is part of their Metallic collection. It's a gorgeous champagne colour and I find that it really waked up your face, especially now that Spring makeup is here to stay. 

So if you're a lazy girl like me and can't be bothered to take out a million brushes to do your eye makeup then I suggest using cream shadows. If you have really oily eyelids like me then you can put on an eyeshadow base underneath to ensure crease-free colour all day. I've been using Urban Decay Primer Potion for a few years now but I'm thinking that after I finish this tube I'll move on to the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base instead. Oh, and while we're on the subject of cream shadows, any suggestions for other formulas or shades I should take a look at? I've always heard really good things about Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille - the swatches look so pretty!

Well that's it from me today. The assignments are still coming but I've done 3/5 this month - so close! Now all I have to do is survive finals and I can finally enjoy the first actual summer vacation I've had in two years!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. oh I want to try Barely Branded! Does it have shimmer? Thanks for this :) I love eyeshadow but sometimes it can get annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.