Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

Top: Petal Shimmer // Bottom: Candy Shimmer
WARNING: By the end of this post you may feel the sudden urge to buy some lipgloss. Just a heads up. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

Lipgloss is a touchy subject for me. When I hear the word it brings flashbacks of super glittery, extra sticky glosses I would convince my mom to buy me in elementary school. Then, I had the MAC obsession phase (haven't we all) which didn't really do it for me, except for their Cremesheen glasses which are a little more bearable on the stickiness front. So for the past few years I've been gravitating towards more tinted balms and moisturizing lipstick formulas. But that's a thing of the past because I found the BEST lipglosses EVER. I know that's a huge claim but I'm serious, these are fantastic!

A few months back I was browsing around Vivianna Does Makeup's blog, which is a usual occurrence in my life it seems, and I came across her post about these Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors. Her review had me sold and the next day I went to a department store and picked up a tube. Little did I know I'd be so impressed that I'd buy another one the very next day. I have the shades Petal Shimmer, a nudey pink, and Candy Shimmer, a more rosey pink and they are beautiful! The formula is super creamy, not sticky at all, and provides a sheer wash of colour. Although these glosses aren't the most pigmented ones you'll find on the market, I've found the colours still show up on my lips, which is surprising since they tend to be quite pigmented on their own. I'm hooked! These are always in my purse when I leave the house and they'll be even more useful now that it's getting colder since they not only give you colour but provide moisture as well. I'd definitely put these in the category of a liquid tinted lip balm because they give you the best of all the lip product worlds.

The whole range of lip perfectors includes 6 shades which range from pinks, to apricots and darker nudes and rosey browns. There's sure to be a shade that captures your heart (or all 6 if you're anything like me). These glosses are sold for $20 a piece, which may seem a little steep for a tube of lipgloss but they are well worth it in my opinion. You can get them off the Clarins website or in stores like Shopper's Drug Mart and The Bay if you live in Canada.

1 comment:

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.