Dreaming BIG



These past few weeks I've been seriously contemplating my future. I'm only in my second year of university but it feels like just yesterday that I was starting high school and thinking to myself "University is years away!" And here I am, coming up on 20 years (yikes!) and having a whole life ahead of me but feeling somewhat anxious about what's to come. It's something pretty normal among people my age because, let's face it, decisions you make now are pivotal and not giving a care in the world won't make your future happy and bright. But I do know what will make your future incredible -- Trusting in God! Yes, the future is kinda scary but the future isn't just 5 years from now or even 1 year from now, just wait a second and you'll already be in the future. What you do right now is what matters.

Everyone has had that one dream (or a few) that they've had for what seems like an eternity and you just hope and pray that it'll become a reality, but you don't do anything to get closer to it. That dream is floating in the air, stagnate. As a woman of faith, I find it extremely difficult to distinguish between my dreams and what God has planned. Sometimes it's the same, sometimes it isn't. The point here isn't to stop dreaming, the point is to dream and dream BIG but place those aspirations in the hands of the One who has the power to change them into something wayyyyy better. I feel like the worst thing you can do is say "Well, God has it under control so I'll just sit around for my future to slap me in the face when it's ready." NO! - You're right about God having it under control but those goals you have in your head aren't going to magically appear without your hard work and dedication! Take firm steps towards your dreams and you'll see that what God wants to do, will happen no matter what you do. If you are on the right path, then awesome, God will be with you every step of that journey cheering you on. If you are moving towards something that He knows won't benefit you in the long run, God finds some pretty creative ways to move your feet into another lane and redirects you. Kinda like a GPS. You started off pressing buttons and choosing your destination, the GPS takes you to a certain point but then God steps in and changes your end point and you end up somewhere magical. 

So many times in my life I was thinking that this was it, I'm doing what I should be doing. And just when I thought I had it figured out, BOOM, in comes God and I end up somewhere completely new. At first, I'm angry - furious even - left wondering "Why did He choose to bring me here? I was so happy where I was!" Then suddenly, things begin to unravel and I realize when I look back that I couldn't be in this amazing place if it weren't for Him stepping in and rearranging the pieces. The picture above shows a very common quote about the future. I think it's wonderful to believe in the beauty of your dreams, but what's missing here is that you do so just as long as you are also willing to believe in the beauty of God's dreams. Dreams that are so gigantic your tiny little brain isn't capable of handling them. That is when the future will belong to you! So dream as big as you possibly can and do your part, work hard and accomplish as much as you can trusting that God will be there no matter the outcome. Cast aside the anxiety, remembering that things that God has designed for you will bring you only peace. If you don't feel peace, well, then you can be sure that this isn't the end of the matter!

Hope you're encouraged today to DREAM xx

Glorious Peonies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.