Bold + Vampy


I'm not too experimental when it comes to lip products although I have enough of them to provide a small village with perfectly glossed pouts. I gravitate towards anything that fits into the peachy-pink range while bright lips take some major confidence on my part to rock but dark, vampy lips are A-OK! Fall and winter are the perfect seasons to try a darker berry lip and this year I've found my favourite of them all.

You'd think that I would've had this in my stash but I was sadly missing out big time just until a few weeks ago when this was in stock at my Wal-Mart and I snatched it up so fast I looked like such a makeup hoarder (guilty as charged)! Yes, I'm referring the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. This shade is a beaut, I mean just look at it! The formula is surprisingly good for a matte finish lipstick and it wears really well. Although it glides on bare lips smoothly, I would recommend making sure your lips are free of any dryness before applying it to get the best look. When you apply this lipstick, it doesn't fade easily unless you go a swipe your lips with your hands but it definitely doesn't have the staying power of long wear lip colours or stains. What I like most about it is the fact that it's so versatile. You can pat it in subtly to create a flushed look, a little heavier to give a stronger stain or give a few swipes straight from the bullet to make it bold and vampy. As you can see in the swatch above this lipstick is highly pigmented and quite creamy. One thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the smell, a mixture between artificial fruitiness and burnt plastic. This makes it seem horrific but it's bearable especially since I love the colour. This retails for around $5 so it's a great option if you want a versatile dark plum burgundy shade to wear during the Christmas season or if you're in the market for a flattering shade for gifting as a stocking stuffer! While I'm on this topic, I'll be posting some gift guides soon and a bit on my thoughts on what Christmas should really be about soon, so be on the lookout!

Glorious Peonies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.