Beauty Haulin': Birthday Edition

Cutting down on beauty purchases seems like the type of thing every beauty obsessed girl says she'll do... but never gets around to. Since my birthday passed and I had an excuse to check some things off of my "To Try" list, I picked a few things up, tested them out, and now I'm ready to give you guys a sneak peek at some products that will surely be featuring on the blog in no time! 

While buying lipsticks and eyeshadows is usually what ends up happening, we can't forget to focus on the tools that make application a breeze! There were two things high up on my list, the Beauty Blender and the MAC 217 brush. I must say, it took me way too long to test these out. Applying foundation with a damp Beauty Blender gives the prettiest finish and really does give an airbrushed effect. The only issue I've had with it is that some of my foundations have stained the sponge which really bothers me, but there really wasn't any way of knowing which liquid foundations would do that more than others. Other than that, the Beauty Blender is awesome! Alright, now don't get me started on the MAC 217. Honestly, if you need a "do everything" brush, then this one is probably your best bet. Great for a wash of colour all over the lid and Iincredible for blending in eyeshadows. Highly, highly recommend this! 

Onto the beauty products. The eyeshadow loving girl inside of me is finally out and was looking to expand her horizons. While a Naked palette was very tempting, I thought the Naked Basics would serve me well especially because I needed more matte eyeshadows to work with. This really doesnt disappoint and it gives you the versatility you would want in a palette. Next is another Amelia Liana recommendation: Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red. If you're looking for a matte red lip that will not budge, even when you're eating pizza (I know from experience...), then you've found your new best friend! Perfectly vibrant, smooth, lightweight and incredibly long lasting. This. stuff. rocks! 

Last two things were thrown in on a whim, but mostly the Urban Decay Triple Threat Eyeliner Set. You know how the checkout at Sephora always gets you with the cute minis and special offers, and this time was not exception! I was browsing around and this little set caught my eye instantly. It seemed perfect because I'm not a huge eyeliner person so getting a smaller size and getting three very useful shades (Black, Grey and Navy) was a no brainer - had to get it! I've used the navy shade so far and I loved how smooth the pencil was, as well as the pigmentation being through the roof. Last but not least, the Elizabeth and James Nirvana White perfume. I had been wanting this since I first took a whiff of it while walking around Sephora but I really wasn't looking to buy a full sized perfume just yet, so the rollerball seemed like a good idea. In hindsight, it's probably not the best value for money but it is really convenient. In a few months time I'll most likely be trading it in for the full size! 

That's it for this years round up of birthday beauty purchases. Really didn't go too crazy but in reality, I think I bought myself enough early birthday presents for them to count! Anything new beauty wise you'd like to recommend? You know I'm always open to suggestions!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.